Friday, October 24, 2008

Update on this year's contest

As most of you probably know, I am this year's DWAA contest chair. At this point in the process, more than 800 entries were recieved, sorted, packaged and sent out to more than 150 judges. (3 judges per category; i judge per special award)

But now the exciting part happens! The score sheets are coming back from the judges. I tabulate all the socres when I have all three score sheets from each category and the nominees and winners magically appear!

I now know the nominees and winners of more than half of the special awards and about a third of the regular categories, and more score sheets are arriving daily! Woo hoo!

When I have all of the nominees and winners determined, I will send out a letter to each nominee letting them know which work was nominated. The list will then appear in the December DWAA newsletter. I will also post it here and on the forums.

So knock on wood and cross your fingers!

Smiling Liz who is having way too much fun!

Liz Palika

1 comment:

Liz Palika said...

Pardon my spelling error! I do remember my grammar school lessons "I before e except after c". I know receive is spelled 'e before i' but I didn't catch it in my post.

SIGH....

Liz