Thursday, December 4, 2008

Getting ready to roll

The next couple of days will be whirlwind of packing & planning. On Saturday we head for Long Beach, California for the Eukanuba competition. My daughter Kate & her Belgian Tervuren Queezle have qualified in both breed & jr showmanship. Kate is aging out so we decided to drive out with a friend & bring some other dogs as well. It is hard for Kate to miss that much school, but her teachers have been wonderful. Now if we can just get everything packed & everything organized at home for Tom & Chuck to handle the animals & things here!
I made the cross country drive last year & it is so inspiring & impressive to see our wonderful nation. So cross your fingers for good weather & smooth driving!
Deb E

1 comment:

Susan said...

Good luck to Kate and Queezle!

There's memoir/essay material for you in this trip: not just about dogs (even though they are such wonderful muses!) but also about traveling the country with your high-school-senior daughter and the major bonding that will undoubtedly ensue during this very special time for both of you. The same thing happened with my daughter and me two and three years ago when she and I traveled repeatedly to New York and Chicago for college choice stuff. I called it "The Farewell Tour." I really cherish the memories of those trips and the connection that she and I have today.